Pages :

Sunday 7 November 2010

Home shoot


I took home the portable flash to see if it was going to be possible to do photoshoots on location with the babies. The flash unit was easy to set up,but I ran into problems with the backdrop (the dog didn't exactly help by pulling at the cloth). It was difficult to get a smooth backdrop and I wasn't keen on the colour.I also found it difficult to get the distance required between subject and backdrop.
Mike kindly helped out with some photoshop lessons to sort out the backdrop once shot, but also to fiddle with the image of the baby to overcome reflection issues.
I wanted to convey this stripping of identity with the woman wrapped in a plain sheet,no makeup,blank expression. The baby,a paper representation of the real thing,held at a distance.


No comments:

Post a Comment